IBERAFRICA plans and operates its activities on the basis that nothing is more important than the safety, health, and well-being of people. Because of this, the company goes beyond its legal obligations and requirements, adopting voluntary measures, driving continuous improvements to work conditions and in its management of safety, health and well-being, involving not only the people who make up IBERAFRICA, but also its suppliers, companies and other stakeholders, striving to avoid and prevent accidents and damage to health, providing a safe and healthy environment and promoting health and well-being.
- Guarantee that occupational health and safety are an individual responsibility that cannot be delegated which, by way of collective, visible commitment are led by senior management and accepted in a proactive, integrated manner by the entire organisation and all its suppliers and collaborating companies.
- Establish health and safety as an individual responsibility that determines the work of IBERAFRICA employees, as well as the activity of its collaborating companies.
- Ensure that potentially hazardous situations that may affect the workers, suppliers, clients, the general public and the safety of the installations are appropriately reported, evaluated and managed.
- Work to maintain a risk-free work environment, integrating occupational risk prevention and actions to protect and promote health and well-being in its business management.
- Establish learning as a driver of the culture of safety, through continuous training, accident and incident analysis, dissemination of lessons learned and health education and promotion.
- Integrate stringent health and safety criteria in business processes, in new projects, activities, facilities, products and services, as well as part of the process for selecting and evaluating collaborating companies and suppliers, whose non-compliance will determine the start or continuity of the activity.
- Invest in new health education and health promotion strategies to enable the workplace to become a vector for transmitting healthy lifestyles for workers and the environment.
- Implement actions aimed at improving the quality of life, well-being and health of people in the communities where the company operates.
- Provide the necessary resources and means to enable compliance with the safety standards established at all times.